*This blog is no longer active. For all these posts and more please visit my new blog Maggie Muggins Designs!*


Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Oh Canada, My Home and Native Land...


While I may have just received my Permanent Residency I am still very Canadian. Don't believe me? - listen carefully when I say sorry, borrow, tomorrow, mom, and many other words. Most of the time the accent is still there. (Especially after a phone call or visit from family.)

Today is Canada Day! It's the day we celebrate Canada - kind of a birthday of sorts. It actually is the day that the British colonies of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and the Province of Canada joined into a federation of four provinces (the Province of Canada became Ontario and Quebec). That was July 1, 1867.

Fast forward to this morning. My dear husband was playing on the bed with our little son and said "Happy Canada Day!" Then he said to our son. "Not that you're Canadian yet." (Mostly to get a reaction from me.) But I really must say I am proud to say that he is. We just need to do the paperwork so he can have proof. I must admit, I'm glad he's not going to have to go through the process of immigration. He's already a citizen of two awesome countries!

All I can say is I certainly wish I was up in Canada today at the water slides with the rest of my family and having a BBQ too. So as a family we are celebrating and getting our pictures taken! (Alright it wasn't planned - just happened that way!)

So to everyone out there HAPPY CANADA DAY! And just so I don't have to post about the 4th of July later this week... HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY too!

No comments: