*This blog is no longer active. For all these posts and more please visit my new blog Maggie Muggins Designs!*


Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Harrison Hot Springs


I can't even begin to explain how wonderful Harrison Hot Springs is. It's a place you have to experience for yourself. But let me mention just a few of the reasons why I love it there:
  1. It's only 1/2 an hour from my parents house so leaving our son with them overnight was so convenient.
  2. Harrison Hot Springs Resort and Spa (http://www.harrisonresort.com/)
  3. Harrison Lake and the surrounding luscious green areas - so beautiful.
  4. The World Sandcastle Competitions (http://www.harrisand.org/)
  5. The Black Forest Restaurant
  6. Desert, Dancing and Live Entertainment at the Copper Room in the Resort.
  7. The 98 degree pools and the enticing hot tub (pictured on their home page).
  8. The Spa - ahhh.....
  9. The free upgrade to a room on the top floor of the hotel with a breathtaking view of the lake. (Although I must admit a King size bed is almost daunting - it's huge!)
  10. The hike to Bridal Veil Falls.


I honestly can't wait to go back to Harrison. It was the most enjoyable, relaxing weekend and I miss it there already. I was honestly concerned about spending that much money on a hotel. I didn't want to walk away feeling like we paid way more than it was worth. I'll admit in the end I still think it was a lot of money BUT I also feel like it was worth every penny.

(I know, I know - some of you are thinking: "She's actually posting pictures? What?" In my defense I just loaded 3 months {translate: 369 pictures} worth of pictures onto the computer. So maybe other pictures will actually be popping up soon too...)

No comments: