*This blog is no longer active. For all these posts and more please visit my new blog Maggie Muggins Designs!*


Monday, September 29, 2008

Easy Cheesecake

Last weekend we had some friends over for dinner and I decided to make a dessert. I made an easy Cheesecake. It's not the kind you bake, but it's really good none-the-less.


INGREDIENTS
1 package Cream Cheese
1 Vanilla Pudding mix (or another flavor)
1 Graham Cracker Crust

I actually made the crust myself too: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Graham-Cracker-Crust-II/Detail.aspx (It's so much better without all the added sugar.)

INSTRUCTIONS
In a bowl blend the Cream Cheese until soft. Check the pudding box for how much milk it requires for the pie version. Slowly add in 1/2 cup of the milk with the cream cheese and mix. This is important to get right so that the cheese gets blended properly. Otherwise it's lumpy. Add the rest of the milk and the pudding mix, blend for the required time on the pudding package. Pour the pudding mix into the crust and chill. When I served it I topped it with Strawberries.

OPTIONS
If you're brave try different pudding flavors. Lemon, Chocolate, etc. I'm actually going to try to make a Key Lime version. I'll let you know how that goes when I get around to it.

2 comments:

Layla said...

I bake now. Seriously what has the world come to! I never baked until I moved here. I'm dying to try this recipe out-even if it's a no-bake. Can I just say that you are like super mom?! Baking, crafting, child rearing. Love your blog and I miss you guys!

Jocelyn said...

I made it all because of you and it is so so yummy!!! Thank-you!!!