*This blog is no longer active. For all these posts and more please visit my new blog Maggie Muggins Designs!*


Monday, April 27, 2009

Back to Designs

This site is no longer in use. You can see all this information and new posts at my new blog Maggie Muggins Designs.

Once upon a time I designed all sorts of clothing for myself. I must confess that out of those designs I probably only ever made one for real. I just finished the picture and was on to something new. If you're wondering why I haven't blogged for ages, it's mostly due to several weeks of the flu. But more recently it's due to the fact that I've been back at the design tables. This time I have already seen both designs part-way through creation as well.

The first pattern, a children's tote is cut out and by my sewing machines waiting to be made. The second pattern is a wedding dress for a friend. This has taken a lot more work. Luckily so far I haven't done any of the sewing. Each mock of the pattern (there were three of the upper half of the dress) has been made by her sister-in-law. I have yet to see the finished results of either pattern, but let tell you, they will be awesome. Beyond awesome! (My son has watched Bolt way to many times this week.)

So all of this designing has really made me want to make something for myself. I've got a few maternity patterns I might try. But you may be seeing more designs of my own in the future.

1 comment:

Leslie Ann said...

all i can say is bless you maggie!!!!!!