*This blog is no longer active. For all these posts and more please visit my new blog Maggie Muggins Designs!*


Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Taco Soup with Black Beans

This site is no longer in use. You can see all this information and new posts at my new blog Maggie Muggins Designs.

I love a good soup. But make it Chili and I'm in heaven. It wasn't until much later in life that I discovered the joys of White Chili, Tortilla Soup and Taco Soup. Once again, I found myself in Heaven. Yesterday some of my friends got to sample my favorite Taco Soup recipe. So here's the recipe for everyone else to enjoy too:

Taco Soup with Black Beans

1lb Ground Beef, browned and drained
28 oz can Crushed Tomatoes
15 1/4 oz can Corn, undrained
15 oz can Black Beans, undrained
15 1/2 oz can Red Kidney Beans, undrained
1 envelope dry Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing mix
1 envelope dry Taco Seasoning (1/4 cup)
1 small Onion, chopped

1. Combine all ingredients in slow cooker.
2. Cover. Cook on Low 4-6 hours. (This can be cooked on med-low heat on the stove in about an hour, but it tastes way better done in the crock-pot.)
3. Garnish individual servings with: Corn Chips, Shredded Cheese, Sour Cream, Avocado, and Spinach as desired. A little fresh Pico de Gallo is always delicious too.

I usually use Ground Turkey instead of Ground Beef. I prefer to brown the onion before mixing it in, otherwise the onion is a little too strong for my taste. I put the Cheese, Sour Cream and Spinach at the bottom of the bowl so that it will melt, or wilt better. Then I stir it all up.

No comments: