*This blog is no longer active. For all these posts and more please visit my new blog Maggie Muggins Designs!*


Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Blog Rage

You know, a lot of my friends have blogs. I've mentioned that before. Between checking out their blogs every so often and searching for craft/home improvement ideas I have seen a lot of blogs. I enjoy them. The updates, the pictures, the ideas, and most of all the humour. But I do have a new pet peeve. Playlists.
Do you have one? Do you realize how annoying it is? First off, I'm unexpectedly blasted away by music. Sometimes it's good music, but even then, I may not be in the mood for it. Most of the time I want to turn it off. (Especially if I don't want my son waking up or getting too interested in my notebook.) So right away I look for the source of the music. I hate scrolling down the side to search for it only to find the person has chosen to put it on the bottom. Argh. Why isn't there a standard location? It's reminds me of those times when I'm driving peacefully along the road and get cut off by an idiot driver. I get a little anger when I can't find that playlist. (So do I get Blog Rage?)
Worse yet is when I leave the page and then when I come back, I have to go through the process all over again. (I cringe as I press that back button.) Is it too much to ask for a mute button at the top of the blog? I mean, really.
So to all of you out there thinking about adding a playlist to your Blog - Please think twice. Oh and choose your music carefully. It says a lot about you.
Update: Some people have suggested I just mute the sound on my computer instead of scrolling down. That works until I forget to turn the volume back up and I'm trying to watch a video they've posted and have to turn it back on. Ha! I guess you just can't win.

No comments: