*This blog is no longer active. For all these posts and more please visit my new blog Maggie Muggins Designs!*


Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Red Is Best

This site is no longer in use. You can see all this information and new posts at my new blog Maggie Muggins Designs.

I have a little kid piano from Craigslist. This weekend, while out painting something else, it seemed like as good of a time as any to get this project complete as well. It's only been on my list for a year. OK, I lied. It's been closer to two years.

The $30 Jaymar Piano courtesy of Craigslist.



I taped off the keys and had at it. Here it is with a new coat of paint courtesy of Krylon.




I plan to put some cute black vinyl saying or image on the front. I was going to do white, but realized that would make the keys look even more old and yellow than they already do. I love it so much now, as does my son. He's thrilled to have it back in the house. The other kid piano we have was put out of his reach. He kept climbing up on top of it. By the way, it cost me $5 on Craigslist! Patience pays off! The red one will go up there beside it later on, when the kids no longer play it.




DIY Day @ ASPTL
Creations by Kara

5 comments:

Heather said...

That is the perfect shade of red, it looks awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Julie said...

Love the red!! This piano is so cute you did a great job:)

Jocelyn said...

Wow! That really makes all the difference. What a good idea!

Patricia said...

popping over from karas to say hi and to let you know that i am so loving this makeover!
sweet!!
many blessings
patricia

Jessica @ Sunny Tuesday said...

That is so cute! I love it!