*This blog is no longer active. For all these posts and more please visit my new blog Maggie Muggins Designs!*


Sunday, January 11, 2009

Not-So-Easyshare

This site is no longer in use. You can see all this information and new posts at my new blog Maggie Muggins Designs.

I have owned the Kodak Easyshare 5300 printer for almost a year now. I must confess I love it, I love the price, the ease of use, and the fact that I have a tray loaded for printing photos at anytime. It's also an excellent print quality. There's just one thing that frustrates me to no end. I can't print on transparent paper with it. At least not easily. You see - they designed the printer for regular paper and photo paper, and that's it. So every time I tried to print on vellum for a craft project (I like to use transparent paper for several things) the printer told me a paper jam.
So I contacted Customer Service, tried all the updates possible and they told me sorry, it just doesn't work with transparent paper. How can they design a printer that's nearly perfect in every other way for the crafter and miss that one? I don't get it.
So my get around is to tape the vellum sheet to a regular piece of paper and print on it that way. I wish there was one printer that met ALL my needs that had the same ink prices as the Easyshare.
*Sigh

No comments: