*This blog is no longer active. For all these posts and more please visit my new blog Maggie Muggins Designs!*


Wednesday, February 17, 2010

How You Know Your Blog is Getting More Traffic

This site is no longer in use. You can see all this information and new posts at my new blog Maggie Muggins Designs.

As I checked my comments the other day I found several SPAM comments. Links to unknown and unwanted sites - ones that I will never visit. (Now you know why I have comment moderation.) I also had random comments on a few posts that didn't make any sense at all. I showed my husband and we laughed over it. His comment? "You're popular enough for Spam!" Just to clarify here: I'm don't blog for popularity. I gave up all hope of popularity in high school.

I actually use Google Analytics to see and understand my blog traffic. You see, I have an inner nerd, one that escapes every once in a while. Alright, often. I like to see how different things (like joining parties, labels, etc.) affect traffic. My favorite part of Analytics is the map overlay where I can see where people are visiting from. I've had visitors from 54 countries over the last month. How can it not be cool to look at a map and see that you've had 11 visits from Poland? OK maybe I'm alone in this.



I'd like to say the most visited post is some amazing creation of mine. Ha ha ha. For some reason Google image search results pops this post up on their first page when you search for Procrastination. I'd love to know how their search engines work but I don't think I'd make it through that explanation. I'm not THAT nerdy.

No comments: