*This blog is no longer active. For all these posts and more please visit my new blog Maggie Muggins Designs!*


Friday, February 26, 2010

Ode to the Rug

This site is no longer in use. You can see all this information and new posts at my new blog Maggie Muggins Designs.

Do you remember when I was so excited and happy about a rug? It didn't last. I didn't even have time to take a picture of it in my house before it had to be returned. Sad yet true. After only a month in our house my son had a rash, one that grew, and covered his entire body. A few days after we hauled out the rug we knew it was the culprit. My dear little toddler, the one who loves to tear off his clothes and run around the house in his diaper is allergic to wool. Guess what else?! So am I!

By the way - just in case you didn't know. Hypoallergenic Lanolin is not so hypoallergenic to those with wool allergies! Suddenly some experiences in life make a whole lot more sense. Just saying... And for those more sensitive people I'll just stop there.

Ah, sweet rug, it took me so long to find you. So long. I confess though, I don't miss my sons rash, the endless shedding, or that one time that you plugged up my vacuum. Nope. Not at all. I've moved on. There's a new rug on my floor. It's bigger, better and more beautiful than you. And guess what - it was cheaper! I've moved on. And this time I took a picture. Well, alright, this is a picture of something else that included the gorgeous new rug! Someday I'll have the living room all clean and get a picture of the entire thing.

No comments: